"Something wrong mate? You know the girl?"

"I think,"

"He
thinks... what kind of answer is that? Leave it to a girl to cause a bloke's mind to malfunction."

Remus, James & Sirius; Not Just Puppy Love


Thursday, July 21, 2011

[SF] Moving On

Disclaimer: The song and it's lyrics are ©Toya.



Ginny woke up a bright early morning. The sun casted its sheets of light across her room through the window. Sitting up she turned to her side and her smile faded as she found no on next to her.
Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, she stood up and headed to the kitchen in her apartment. Leaning against the counter she flipped through the mail which had come from different owls. Finally she fell upon a letter from Dean Thomas. Opening it, rose petals fell out and a small letter,
"Please Ginny, will you go out with me?"

Just getting used to waking up everyday
Not seeing your face
I just began to stop setting your place
And I stop longing for your warm embrace
And it was Go.d that made me able
To finally sleep at night
Though you're not by my side
Finally I don't hardly cry
See right when I start letting go
Somebody wants to let me know
Can they take your place
No they can't fill your space. No.


Ginny threw the letter and rose petals into the garbage. Her eyes fell upon a picture of Harry. Instantly tears began to fill her eyes and stream down her eyes. Wiping them away as she placed his picture face down on the table and walked back to her room to get ready.

I tried to move on but you're not gone
Cause in my heart you still live on
See now I know why
I'll never love another for the rest of my life
And why
Now that you're gone I'm holdin' on
And deep in my heart
I wanna move on
And now I know why
I'll never love another for the rest of my life


Later that afternoon, Ginny sat in the living room with an empty trunk before her and piles of clothes before her. She began folding them and placing them neatly in the trunk. Picking up a green sweater she lifted it to her nose and inhaled the sweet scent of his cologne. As she folded it on her lap she saw a red stain on the chest. Running her fingertips over the rough material she remembered when he died.

The death eater said a spell and a bright green beam shot out of its wand and hit Harry directly at his heart. Harry fell backwards onto his back. Ginny ran to his side, tears streaming down her face.
"Harry!" she cried.
Harry pointed his wand at the death eater, "I killed everyone else and now you're the last! Averda Kedarva!"
Instantly the death eater crumbled to the ground, lifeless.
Ginny held Harry in her arms, "Please Harry, hang on!" she cried as she saw the blood appearing on his dark green sweater.
"I'm sorry Ginny. The spell was too powerful and it was to accurate. Not even Madame Pomphrey can help me," he said in a low voice. He held her face with his hand, "Don't cry for me Ginny, just always know I love you."
"I love you too Harry." she cried as she wiped away her tears.
He pulled her face to him as he kissed her softly and passionately; he closed his eyes. After a few seconds he fell limp in her arms. She wrapped her arms around him and cried into his shoulder, "I love you Harry, and I'll never love anyone for the rest of my life."


Placing the sweater on the top in the trunk she looked at it; it was a bittersweet memory. Looking at her left hand she looked at the ring he gave her when he purposed. Sliding it off her finger she kissed it and placed it on top of the sweater.
Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the man on the radio stop talking and mu.sic being to play softly. She knew that song too well. After his death it was all she ever listened to. It was their song. She still remembered when they danced to this picture, in the corner by the radio she imagined them dancing to the song. Shaking the thought, she stood up and turned off the radio.

I finally put your clothes away
You know the ones you wore the day
That you were taken away from me
I just began to stop wearing my ring
And I finally stop playin' our song
When I realized I was dancin' alone and
Finally God gave me strength
To go on and breath again
See right when I start letting go
Somebody wants to let me know
Can they take your place
No they can't fill your space. No


Heading over to the wall she saw several pictures of Harry. With hesitation she took them off the wall and placed them in the trunk. Returning to the wall she saw the picture of her and Harry on their wedding day. They had only been married a few months until he killed the remaining Death Eaters and got killed himself.

I tried to move on but you're not gone
Cause in my heart you still live on
See now I know why
I'll never love another for the rest of my life
And why
Now that you're gone I'm holdin' on
And deep in my heart
I wanna move on
And now I know why
I'll never love another for the rest of my life.


A few hours later she got out of her car and locked it. Walking up the cement stairs leading up to the chapel. Entering, it was dim and the only thing lighting the place were a few candles here and there. Sliding into a pew near the back she pulled down the kneeler and knelt upon it. Proping her elbows onto the railing, she leaned her forehead on her folded hands. She closed her eyes as she began a silent prayer.

God knows it's time for me to move on
I want to feel alive again
I want to be in love again


Getting up, she headed over to a corner of the chapel where several green candles were placed in minature, metal holders. Some were lit others were not. She looked at a metal plate which was nailed to the wall above the fixture.
"For Loved Ones who Passed Away."
She looked around for a stick when her eyes fell upon a basket beside the metal holders. The basket had a small sign saying 'donations'. Rummaging through her pockets she found twenty pounds and dropped it all into the basket. Finally finding the long wooden stick which was used to light the candles she used the flame of a lit candle to lit one of the unlit candles. Finally when the candle she chose was lit she blew out the flame of the stick and replaced it. Watching the flame dance above the small green candle, 'Ironic' she thought as she turned around and left the chapel.

And no matter how hard I try
I can't erase you from my mind
And I gotta find somebody new
But I just can't give over you


She got home later that night and locked the door behind her. Taking off her coat she hung it on a hook by the door and went over to the counter where more mail had appeared while she was gone. Flipping through the mail she found another one from Dean. Immediately she threw it into the waste basket with it's twin letter from the morning. Walking over to the wall in her living room her eyes fell upon the picture of her and Harry on their wedding day when a small smile appeared on her face.

I tried to move on but you're not gone
Cause in my heart you still live on
See now I know why
I'll never love another for the rest of my life
And why
Now that you're gone I'm holdin' on
And deep in my heart
I wanna move on
And now I know why
I'll never love another for the rest of my life.


That night she fell asleep on her bed, still wearing the clothes she wore earlier, not wanting to change into proper sleeping attire. She fell asleep ontop of her blanket and other sheets; just curled up with one thing in her embrace and a smile on her sweet, innocent face = the picture of her and Harry on their wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment