"Something wrong mate? You know the girl?"

"I think,"

"He
thinks... what kind of answer is that? Leave it to a girl to cause a bloke's mind to malfunction."

Remus, James & Sirius; Not Just Puppy Love


Thursday, July 21, 2011

[SF] Separated

DISCLAIMER: The song, lyrics, rythym and beat belong to Usher Raymond. I merely put the story to the song.



If love was a bird
Then we wouldn't have wings
If love was a sky
We'd be blue
If love was a choir
You and I could never sing
Cause love isn't for me and you


Harry stood on the platform in Hogsmeade; it was hard to believe that it had been one year since he had left Hogwarts. He ran his hand through his hair, making it more untidy than before. He sighed heavily as he shoved both his hands into his pockets. The autumn air was strong and cold. Sighing heavily as he looked at his watch. 5 minutes to boards.'

If love was an Oscar
You and I could never win
Cause we can never act out our parts
If love is the Bible
Then we are lost in sin
Because its not in our hearts


Suddenly he heard someone call his name. He spun around to find Hermione. She wrapped her arms around him and pressing her lips to his but he pulled away. She raised her eyebrow,
"Okay. So Harry, why'd you want to meet me here today? Our date isn't until Saturday!"
Harry took in a deep breath before beginning.

So why don't you go your way
And I'll go mine
Live your life, and I'll live mine
Baby you'll do well, and I'll be fine
Cause we're better off, separated


"Hermione, there is no date on Saturday," Harry replied and she looked up at him in confusion. Harry hadn't called her Hermione since before they began dating in their 6th Year. "I'm sorry Hermione, but it's just not working." He could see the pain in her eyes and he himself had a pain in his heart, but he had to do this.
"But Harry, I thought you loved me?" Hermione looked up at him with pleading eyes, tears forming in them.
He looked away reluctantly, "Not anymore."

If love was a fire
Then we have lost the spark
Love never felt so cold
If love was a light
Then we're lost in the dark
Left with no one to hold


"What!?" Hermione gasped as she stepped back, "But you told me you'd always love me! You said that to me 2 years ago! How could you all of a sudden say you don't?"
"Things change Hermione, people change. It's just different now," Harry replied,
"How is it different Harry? How? Tell me!" Hermione pleaded with him.

If love was a sport
We're not on the same team
You and I are destined to lose
If love was an ocean
Then we are just a stream
Cause love isn't for me and you


"I'm not sure," Harry admitted, "But things between us have changed. Whenever we're together we don't have the same fun we had years ago. Just admit it Hermione, the spark between us is gone. The magic isn't there anymore."
Hermione didn't reply, but then asked, "So what now?"

So why don't you go your way
And I'll go mine
Live your life, and I'll live mine
Baby you'll do well, and I'll be fine
Cause we're better off, separated


"It's for the best. It would be better if we just ended it now before we got into a marriage where the chemistry's gone." Harry replied.
The tears in Hermione's eyes started to trickle softly down her face, "So one month after purposing to me you're going to break up with me? When did your feelings change if you purposed to me last month?"
"I don't know." Harry replied.

Girl I know we had some good times
It's sad but now we gotta say goodbye
Girl you know I love you, I can't deny
I can't say we didn't try to make it work for you and I
I know it hurts so much but it's best for us


"Hermione, I still love you, you know. I still love you," Harry pushed strands of hair behind her ear, "But it's just not the same anymore. Sometimes when we're together I wonder if you even still love me and it pains me to wonder it, but I do."
"Harry I still love you!" Hermione took his hand, "Listen to me, I still love you as much as I did 2 years ago!"

Somewhere along this windy road we lost the trust
So I'll walk away so you don't have to see me cry
It's killing me so, why don't you go


"I know you do Hermione and I love you, but it's just not the same anymore. Going on dates with you seems more like a chore now and I can tell you feel the same way. It isn't the same and it doesn't feel right," Harry replied, "We may love each other, but it's not meant to be."
"How do you know it isn't?" She stepped closer and held his face with bother her hands,
"Because if it was meant to be, I wouldn't be feeling this," Harry said as he placed his hands on top of hers. Gently he pushed them off his face, pulling off her ring at the same time. He held her hands for a moment before leaning into her and pressed his lips onto hers. He hesitantly pulled away and looked at her. "Good bye."
As he turned to leave Hermione could see tears falling down his face. He opened a door to the Hogwarts Express, entered and shut it behind him.

So why don't you go your way
And I'll go mine
Live your life, and I'll live mine
Baby you'll do well, and I'll be fine
Cause we're better off, separated


Leaning against the shut door he lowered his head, hair falling over his forehead and eyes as he cried, clutching her ring in his hand, "I'm sorry Hermione."

Hermione gazed at the door which had been closed and watched as the train slowly pulled away from the station. Tears streaming down her face when she noticed something in her hand. Opening up her hand she found Harry's ring there and realized that Harry had pressed it into her hand while they shared their last kiss. She held the ring between her thumb and index finger and brought it up to her face and kissed it. "I'm sorry Harry," she whispered because deep in her heart, she felt the same way as Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment