"Something wrong mate? You know the girl?"

"I think,"

"He
thinks... what kind of answer is that? Leave it to a girl to cause a bloke's mind to malfunction."

Remus, James & Sirius; Not Just Puppy Love


Thursday, July 21, 2011

[MWS] Harry Potter - the Hero in Training

The Many Woes of Ronald Weasley series

Part 1 | Harry Potter - the Hero in Training

I entered my seventh year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry with my best friends, Harry Potter with high hopes that this would be a great year. With the downfall and death of Voldemort behind us in our sixth year, I knew I would be right- at least I thought so.



I'd known Harry since our first year at Hogwarts and we've been best friends since then. He was a hero in most people's eyes and I don't blame them. But for once I'd love to live in the spot light for some time. Harry had been famous since before he even turned one - HOW THE BLOODY HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN?
I was blessed with some fame in our first year when I helped Harry get to the Philosopher's Stone (although Americans want to call it the Sorcerer's stone. Odd ones they are. Canadians are on our side-) Of course, all I did was play chess - nothing fancy.

Second year I got some recognition. I mean, I was with Harry every step of the way even into the Chamber of Secrets. Well, then there was that cave in and then I was stuck with the babbling buffoon we lovingly called Professor Lockhart (did you note my sarcasm in the last few words?)

Third year I got nothing. Why? Because I had to get bitten and stuck in the bloody Hospital Wing. I forgot to yell at Sirius for doing that. But, it's too late now.. Merlin bless him. Bless Lupin too, with his help I got to see a spider on roller skates.

Fourth year- well then- Harry just HAD to steal the spotlight there huh? Getting into the Triwizard Tournament and all.

Fifth year I got him. Oh yeah. I got Prefect. Of course, Harry got the spotlight back when he made the Wizarding community realize he wasn't lying. Of course there's the fact that while Harry was going around running away from Death Eaters I was getting attacked by brains. Merlin knows how the blood that happened.



Now you may be wondering why I went on this rampage on comparing Harry's attention and my own. You see, Harry was born a hero. He was a hero before he was even born. So ever since he arrived in Hogwarts, he's been in hero-training. He didn't realize it, but I did. It'd take a pretty stupid person to not realize all the special training he's gotten from teachers was hero-training. He even got training from Hermione in our Fourth Year-
Anyway, back to the point- I figured out why I never got an equal amount of spotlight as Harry: he's been stealing it from me!
He realized in our Fifth Year that I could rival him for his fame, so what does he do? Well.. I'll tell you. It all started one September day in our Seventh Year-



Hermione, Harry and myself (Ronald Weasley - if you hadn't realized that now.. you ignorant prat..) were enjoying our free Saturday by walking the grounds. The trees in the Forbidden Forest didn't look so forbidden as their leaves slowly turned to golden and fire shades. (Although I think some were on fire because I recall Hagrid throwing buckets of water on the Whomping Willow.)

There was a cool breeze whipping itself around us as we slowly circled the grounds. We finally finished our course as we came to the lake. We sat down by the edge and just peered at the pinking late - afternoon sky. The water reflected the clear blue sky about perfectly as a few leaves slowly fell to its surface and causing small ripples.

I noticed Hermione shiver slightly, so I took off my cloak and draped it over her shoulders. (And Hermione thinks I'm not sensitive. If that action doesn't scream sensitivity' then I don't know what does-)

"Thanks Ron," She smiled as she clutched it tighter around her.

"So Harry, when's our Quidditch season starting?" I turned to face Harry who had begun throwing random pebbles into the lake.

His once calm expression was broken by a grin, "As soon as possible mate! You'll be there right? We can't win without you!"

"Of course!" I replied as if I was stating the obvious.

"Brilliant!" He exclaimed and patted me in the back. Hard. Real hard. So hard it wasn't a pat anymore - it was a push.

Before I realized it, I was wrapped in a feeling of ice cubes. I felt the wind sting my face and I sucked in air as I opened my eyes. I was in the lake. Dam.n the lake for being so cold in Autumn.

"Ron! I'm so sorry!" Harry apologized through laughs as he tried to help me out.

"I'm not sure you are," I scowled as he and Hermione finally pulled me out of the lake. I was greeted with a strong gust of wind and I felt more cold - if possible - than I did when I was in the lake.




Don't you see what he did? He pushed me into the lake! Now, on any other day that would've been normal, but it wasn't any other day. It was THAT day! Right after I said I'd be on the team to help them win, he pushes me in. Why? Because he can't stand the thought that I could help him win a match. That's why! Now, you're probably thinking Now Ron, you're being paranoid' , but I'll ask you this - Does a paranoid person sit up in bed all night watching their best friend sleep just to make sure that best friend won't kill him in his sleep?

Okay, so maybe a paranoid person does that, but you never know what Harry's capable of! I mean, the prat killed the most evilest person in the world - Voldemort! (mind you, I never did flinch when his name was mentioned. Everyone just says that. Really they do.) Harry's gotten hero-training, dark arts training - he can kill off anyone he wants! Bloody hell, Harry even beat Hermione in Defense Against the Dark Arts in our third year! If he can beat Hermione, there's no hope for me!

So, now do you see? Do you see how Harry is out to get me? All this time I thought he was my friend, but, no. He's not my friend. He just acts like it just so he can get close enough to slit my throat when I'm sleeping. Or maybe he is my friend. I mean, he could've killed me anytime before I came to this conclusion, but he didn't. Yes, Harry is my friend.. he's just blinded by jealousy. Or am I blinded by paranoia? I get it mixed up sometimes.

Next time you think about Harry, say anything about Harry, read anything about Harry keep this in mind - he's not just the hero in training. No, he has more dark thoughts than just becoming a hero. I mean, the prat eats chocolate pudding! HOW EVIL IS THAT! Anyone who eats chocolate pudding MUST be evil! Look at Draco Malfoy - he loves chocolate pudding! So you see, he is evil. I can prove it just by the proof that he eats chocolate pudding.



(Part 1: Hermione Granger - the Bookworm)

No comments:

Post a Comment