"Something wrong mate? You know the girl?"

"I think,"

"He
thinks... what kind of answer is that? Leave it to a girl to cause a bloke's mind to malfunction."

Remus, James & Sirius; Not Just Puppy Love


Thursday, July 21, 2011

[OS] Stay

"It's time I leave..."


"What? Already? No you -"


"I've told you several times already that when I feel it's time, that I'll leave you alone here."


"But James -"


"It's for the best, you know it is. Nothing good will come if we stay together. It'll be better if we separate and place up barriers between us. It'll be better."


"It won't! If we're damned, then at least let us be damned together!"


"Lils-"


"No! No.. don't look at me like that! You won't break my resolve, I don't want you to leave mine and Harry's side! If we stay together, we'll be able to make things stronger, perhaps prove the prophecy to be wrong!"


"Please stop cry-"


"I'm not!... I'm not... See, now look what you did, Harry's awake again. Hush darling..."


"You're the one who was yelling..."


"Don't roll your eyes at me James Potter! I thought you were leaving! If you're going to leave, then leave damnit!"


"I don't want to leave you angry like this. Lay Harry down, he's asleep again."


"I was just about to. Damnit, why are you still here!? Just leave then!"


"You're scared."


"... I'm... I'm not."


"Don't lie to me Lily. You're scared. That's why you're fighting with me."


"Of course I'm scared James! The prophecy has set our fate and you're ready to go, not even willing to stay here with me and push fate. I may be scared James, but you're being cowardly!"


"Lily, I'm not going to fight with you! Please, just stop this. I don't want to leave with you being angry with me."


"..."


"No, no! Don't cry -"


"Get your arms off me!"


"Lily stop, please just stop this front."


"Damn you... how else do you expect me to react? You're talking of leaving me -"


"Don't look any deeper into what I said Lils, there weren't any insinuations in what I said. Stop those tears now, okay? Just because I'm leaving now, it doesn't mean I won't ever come back to you."


"You arrogant fool!"


"Can we stop this? Just come back here so I can hold you just a little while longer."


"If I could I would hold on to you until it's too late James. I don't want you leaving me!"


"It won't be forever."


"Don't be foolish! You know once you walk out that door you'll never come back!"


"Lils, please don't start crying again -"


"No! Stay right there and let me speak despite my tears. If you walk out that door I know I'll never see you again. I don't want to lose someone I love again, James. If you walk out that door I'll hate you. I'll hate you because to love you when you leave is too painful. So go. Go and leave Harry and me, but just know that the moment that door closes behind you, I will already hate you."


"Hate isn't the opposite of love, that would be indifference. So I will settle for you hating me."


"Damn it, why are you so calm? Why - for once - can't you just be weak with me?"


"I would if I thought it best."


"But I don't think it best!"


"Hush now Lils..."


"Don't stroke my hair when you're holding me. I'm not a dog."


"At least I know you haven't lost your humour in all this..."


"It's a mask James, I've lost all humour these past few days."


"What do you want me to do? Truly?"


"Without being selfish?"


"Yes, without you being selfish, what do you want me to do? Stay here or leave."


"I want you to do what you think best, so long as you hold me like this for as long as possible."


"Then you know that will involve me walking through that door when 'as long as possible' ends."


"Yes... but I won't hate you. I can never hate you."


"Even if I leave and never come back?"


"Even if I saw you shaking hands with the Dark Lord himself, I would not cast the love from my heart."


"It's truly time now, love."


"I know... I heard the front door as well."


"Kiss me for luck."


"I'll kiss you for love, because you don't need luck, James."


"I love you."


"And I love you.

... He's going down the stairs now Harry. Hush darling, mommy only wants to hold you while she waits, no need to wake up. I feel a coldness... I pray that wasn't a body I heard hitting the floor. Dear Merlin... that isn't James's step. It's not... he couldn't... Harry I'll protect you. With the love of your father and mine, I will protect you. I love you Harry... we both do."

No comments:

Post a Comment